THE MEAT IS LEAN AND INCREDIBLY TENDER
TENDERNESS IS IN THE BREED NOT THE MARBLING!
1. Keep it frozen until you are ready to use it.
2. Remove from the freezer and place in the refrigerator for a day OR put in to the bowl of cool water on the counter for one hour if you need it sooner. DO NOT MICROWAVE or USE HOT WATER TO DEFROST
3. Use minimal spices as the flavor is in the meat - salt and paper works best
4. Shorten the cooking time by 30% to 50% compared to other beef as steaks can go from perfect to overcooked quickly due to the low fat content
5. If possible, use a thermometer and remove from heat 5 degrees below the desired internal temperature:
RARE: 120-125 F
MEDIUM-RARE: 125-130 F
MEDIUM: 130-145 F
MEDIUM-WELL 150 F & ABOVE
6. Please rest the cooked meat before cutting it
Beef is grass-fed and pasture raised in Lynnville, TN